- Pass all appropriate certification tests for Java SE 7
- Include a complete, native Cocoa-based UI Toolkit
- Provide excellent performance
Minimum requirements to run
- An Intel Mac
- RAM: 1GB
- OS: Mac OS X 10.6.7 or later
- Java: "Java for Mac OS X 10.6 Update 4" or later
- Download an unofficial build
- Open /Applications/Utilities/Java Preferences.app
- Drag both "OpenJDK 7" entries to the top of the list
- Run "java -version" in Terminal.app
- Hardware: Any 64-bit capable Intel Mac
- RAM: 4GB, 2GB min
- OS: Mac OS X 10.6, run Software Update to get to at least 10.6.7
- Xcode: 3.2.6 or later from http://developer.apple.com (Mac Dev Center section)
- Java: "Java for Mac OS X 10.6 Update 4" or later from http://connect.apple.com (Java section)
- Mercurial: http://mercurial.berkwood.com/
- Jtreg: http://openjdk.java.net/jtreg/
If you install Xcode 4, you will have to re-install "Java for Mac OS X Update 4" or a later developer preview to correct headers in the JavaRuntimeSupport framework.
Testing the Cocoa-based AWT
File them at java.net/jira/browse/MACOSX_PORT.
Please join the macosx-port-dev mailing list and ask away!