- Wednesday, May 31 2023: jdk17u-dev repo open (tag: 17.0.9+0)
- Tuesday, August 1 2023: First merge from jdk17u-dev to jdk17u (tag: 17.0.9+1)
- Tuesday, August 29 2023: Rampdown; last merge from jdk17u-dev to jdk17u
- Tuesday, September 26 2023: Last tag before code freeze
- Tuesday, October 17 2023 GA; OpenJDK 17.0.9 released (tag: jdk-17.0.9-ga)
|release of update n-1|
|for two weeks after release of update n-1||development of n ongoing||closed|
|4-5 weeks||development of n ongoing||bulk merge from jdk17u-dev to jdk17u, tagging builds|
|4 weeks||development of n+1||public rampdown of update n-1, tagging|
|3 weeks||development of n+1||closed, rampdown of embargoed changes.|
|release of update n|
Latest GA release: 17.0.6
17.0.7/new: OracleJDK but not OpenJDK: Changes new in OracleJDK 17.0.7 but not in OpenJDK 17.0.7.
Filters for Release 17.0.8
17.0.8/all: OpenJDK but not OracleJDK: Changes in OpenJDK 17.0.8 that are not in OracleJDK 17.0.8.
17.0.8/all: OracleJDK but not OpenJDK: Changes backported to OracleJDK 17.0.3-17.0.8 but not in OpenJDK 17.0.8.
17.0.8/new: OracleJDK but not OpenJDK: Changes new in OracleJDK 17.0.8 but not in OpenJDK 17.0.8.
17.0.8/new testbugs: OracleJDK but not OpenJDK: Changes touching only tests new in OracleJDK 17.0.8 but not in OpenJDK 17.0.8.
Common jdk17u JBS labels
The above filters exclude issues that are marked with the following labels: