- Instructions and advice on downloading and building this project's code.
- Notes about the ongoing design and development of the various subprojects.
- A place to document likely future work.
- Quick links to similar information in other places on the web.
- http://openjdk.java.net/projects/mlvm/ (Da Vinci Machine Project home)
- http://wikis.oracle.com/display/HotSpotInternals/Home (HotSpot internals)
Look for non-technical content on the static project pages: http://openjdk.java.net/projects/mlvm
- Released builds of this technology can be found here.
- The source repositories are with the rest of JDK7.
For example some of the JDK code is here and some of the JVM code is here.
- An advance copy of the javadoc (derived from the mlvm patch queue) is posted here.
- Here's an example of how to run a warm-and-breathing test for method handles in JDK 7.
Interesting tasks to do
- Document the process of pulling and building on various platforms.
- List relevant RFEs and subprojects. Link or enumerate architectural issues.
- Extract links and info. from messages and blog postings, especially via hotspot-dev@openjdk.